Monday, May 4, 2009

I LOVE NEPAL!!!!

I have unfortunately overstayed my welcome at this little internet cafe in Pokhara, Nepal but I wanted to write a quick note since it's been so long! We have had an incredible trip to Nepal. This country has quickly jumped to the tippity top of my "Favorite Places I Have Been" list and trekking in Nepal has jumped to the tippity top of my "Favorite Things I Have Done" list. There truly aren't enough words to begin to describe the experience of being here and looking up at the fantastical Himalayas. They aren't even mountains, they are entities unto themselves. We did a four day, three night trek in the Annapurna region, covered about 40 kilometers and about 2300 meters up. Wow, wow, wow!!! It was just so much fun, I forgot how much I adore the mountains, how much I love backpacking!!

I will definitely write more when we have functioning internet again, but if you EVER have the opportunity to come to Nepal, grab it and don't think twice!

Namaste from Pokhara...

1 comment:

  1. brishy! keep writing!!! i JUST found out about this treasure (your blog) and i JUST finished reading each one.... so i am all caught up now and can't wait for more!
    "sometimes do you get so hungry that you could eat an entire mountain of frijoles negros?" my sister just asked me that and then announced that she is going to bed...it's 10:16pm
    are there frijoles negros in india? or napal?
    ps. i love you!!!

    ReplyDelete